Heavy-Lift, Long-Endurance Hybrid Drone LiDAR Surveys
Drone LiDAR sensors are heavy and are often paired with multiple cameras. Complete units can weigh up to 7 kg. For battery-powered drones, the heavy weight reduces flight time to less than 15 minutes. The reduced flight time results in multiple flights, which increases the amount of time in the field.
The Skyfront Perimeter 8 and 8+ hybrid drones can carry up to 10 kg (22 lb.) for up to one hour and 5 kg (11 lb.) for 2-3 hours. The combination of heavy-lift and high-endurance reduces field time from days to hours.
- Heavy-Lift Capacity. The Perimeter 8 can carry up to 10 kg of payload.
- Long Endurance. The most popular LiDAR sensors (VUX, Velodyne, Hesai) can be flown for over 2 hours.
- High-Altitude Capability. The Perimeter 8+ is capable of carrying 4 kg in excess of 10,000 density altitude, far above where other hybrid drones would simply stop working.
- Propeller redundancy. The Perimeter 8 can lose one propeller/motor/speed controller and still fly while carrying a payload up to 6 kg. This redundancy ensures the safety of expensive payloads like LIDARs.
- Power redundancy. An onboard battery provides reserve flight time of 3-5 minutes in case you run out of gasoline.
LIDAR INTEGRATOR PARTNERS
Skyfront has integrated LiDAR units from all major manufacturers and integrators, including:
- RIEGL & RIEGL USA
- Rock Robotic
- Balko Technologies
- Phoenix LiDAR Systems
Examples of LiDAR sensors flown on the Perimeter 8 platform include:
- Hesai PandarXT-32
- Velodyne HDL32
- Velodyne VLP16
- Teledyne Optech CL-360XR
- LiVOX Avia
Skyfront integrations include power, vibration dampening, custom cameras for colorized point clouds, and L1/L2 GNSS antenna placement.