Reduce Magnetometer Survey Time from Weeks to Hours
For surveying large areas with a magnetometer, endurance is paramount. Detecting small magnetic objects requires survey lines with tight line spacings, which can take weeks for projects if performed on foot. With the Perimeter 8, magnetic surveys that take weeks on-foot now take hours.
- Rapid, wide area coverage. The Perimeter’s endurance enables it to cover hundreds of acres in a single flight, which would normally take weeks for manual surveys.
- Active terrain following. An on-board RADAR sensor provides real-time air-to-ground measurements so that the Perimeter maintains a fixed distance above ground. Ideal for operating in areas with changing elevation.
- Forward obstacle avoidance. A forward-facing RADAR sensor detects large obstacles up to 50 meters away and pauses the automated mission in order to avoid collisions.
- Reduced magnetic field. Current loops have been eliminated to reduce magnetic field noise on the magnetometer.
- Compatible with Geometrics MagArrow. The Geometrics MagArrow has been fully integrated onto the Perimeter drone.
- Compatible with uGCS. Compatible with the uGCS ground control software, which provides 3D mission planning tools for operating over varying terrain.